Papers, posters and symposia
Full Papers – 8 pages including references
Full papers are for mature work, requiring lengthy explanations of the conceptual background, methodology and data and analysis. Full paper submissions should state: (a) the major issue(s) addressed, (b) potential significance of the work, (c) the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, (d) major findings, conclusions, implications, and (e) relevant scholarly references.
Short Papers – 4 pages including references
Short papers are for work that makes significant contributions, but that is still in progress, of smaller scale, or that can be reported briefly. Otherwise, the same criteria apply as listed for full papers above.
Posters – 2 pages including references
Posters are for work in early stages and for novel and promising ideas. The two-page abstract should identify the aspect of the work that will likely lead to productive discussions with conference participants in a poster session, including figures exemplifying the visual support to be provided for these discussions in the poster.
Symposia – 8 pages including references
Symposia are for conveying larger ideas or results about a specific issue. Discussion among members of the symposium and with the audience should be moderated to focus on certain positions or controversies. It is not sufficient for a symposium to simply be a set of related papers, such as papers from a specific research group. Rather, symposia proposals should and will be evaluated on their capacity to address larger issues of interest to the ICLS community.
A clear description should be provided of:
- The overall focus of the symposium
- The major issues addressed or overarching/integrative points illustrated by the collective work
- How the collective presentations contribute towards the issues or points raised
- The significance of the contributions
- Separate, brief descriptions of the content of each presentation should be included in the 8-page submission
- Papers and posters will be reviewed blind. Please prepare your papers accordingly to the ISLS author guidelines (there is also an MS Word Template)
- The submission system for submission of pre-conference events is located at https://new.precisionconference.com/isls
- Symposia are not reviewed blind, please include author information in the proposal
Submission Deadline: 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8), November 17, 2017.